Setup Remote desktop connection to raspberry pi
Raspberry Pi setup
- Start Raspberry Pi
- Start up your Pi to the terminal prompt.
- Type the following command “sudo apt-get install xrdp”
- If promoted, enter your password
- Type “Y” and hit enter
- Now wait until XRDP installs
- Restart pi.
- Now check WLAN IP address by typing “ifconfig wlan0” in command prompt.
- Here it will show the IPV4 IP address and the name of network. In my case it is “192.168.1.79”
- Write down the IP address provided by the network.
- Go to the start button and search for “Remote desktop connection”.
- When you’ll open it, you will see it is asking for a IP address.
- Type the IP address of Raspberry Pi, you have write down
- Click “Connect”.
- Here You are asked for username and password for Pi to access the GUI of Pi.